21 December 2009

Love, Love, Love

Today is my parents' 35th wedding anniversary. They've been married longer than I've even been alive! (Thought this today, and then giggled for about 10 minutes about having that random thought...)

Each night, I write down three things that I am thinking of that day that I am grateful for. (Side note: you should all try it. It's good for you. And the universe. Good for you, the universe, and your journal/computer--makes it feel needed. Just good all around.)

Tonight, I was thinking about how grateful I am for two parents who love each other, love me, and are committed to working hard through whatever comes up. The trials that our family has endured have certainly not been a walk in the park, but their love for each other and us has inspired them to work, facing the same future together, hand-in-hand, headed into whatever comes next. I sure love them.

Yesterday at church, my parents had a funny, quiet little moment with each other, and I made some comment about keeping those things at home, away from the public.

I've changed my mind though.

I have two fabulous parents who each love me and support my goals, dreams, and ambitions. They pick me up when I fall, listen to me cry, and then help me learn how to pick myself up in the future. I love them.

In addition to all of this, they are madly, passionately in love with each other. Not only do they have a deep, mature love and respect, but they are also just crazy about each other. Sometimes, it's like being with a couple of twitterpated teenagers. They are silly, smoochy, snuggly, and occasionally embarrassing, and I don't care if the whole world knows it. They are so in love. It's inspiring and encouraging.

So, love to my mom and dad, and here's to the next 35 years.

5 comments:

Rachel Leigh said...

That is a very wonderful post. Here is to your parents! I hope my kids can say that about us someday. (NO, I am not pregnant!)

LL said...

Happy Anniversary to them!! They sure are wonderful. :-)

jenn said...

I love that your parents are still so in love. It really is a great example for us all. And it sometimes makes for interesting family gatherings. Hee Hee!!

Leah Kynaston said...

That's awesome! We are in Ohio celebrating my grandparents 50th anniversary!

Lani said...

I'm a little behind on your blog. Oops! But what a happy post. I hope Mr. Ax and I are like that when we've been married for 35+ years. :-)