30 September 2013

Starting Again, Again

Well, here we are. It's the night before I start my full-time gig with Big Firm.

I feel mostly ready, in that people's expectations of you are pretty low upon graduating from law school. (Law school isn't like medical school--and I'm technically not even allowed to practice the law, seeing as I have not yet received my bar results and been admitted to any bar.)

It's strange to be headed back to full time employment. For a long time, I worked while I went to school. A long, long, long time. So I was always working toward graduation, assuming I'd figure out what to do professionally (if a change needed to be made in my career) after I graduated. By the time I had graduated, although I had only told a few people, I had decided to attend law school and was working on application materials and selection of a school. Then, for the past three years, I've been working through law school.

But now it's done.

This is the job.

The job for a while.

As I've met new people in my ward this fall, a few have asked how long I'll be in New York.

Indefinitely.

So here we go.

This is it.

The rest of my life.

No pressure.

3 comments:

Vernon said...

Here is to a wonderful day hope things go smooth and you are happy. Love Grandma

somebody's mother said...

No pressure at all!

somebody's parents said...

We are proud and pleased. Confident in your bright future.