In earlier posts, I've discussed my unnatural compulsion for collecting water bottles. Love it. Nothing makes me happier than getting a water bottle, refilling it (or just keeping it if it's already full), and sticking it under my bed for storage. It makes me disproportionately happy.
In the past couple of years, I've developed another weird compulsion to collect an item. This item? Air sickness bags.
My sister once told her hubby that she wanted an air sickness back to put in her van, in case one of her boys was ill. I guess in the past she had wished she had one for the car. On one of his business trips, he brought one back for her. Shortly after that, I was flying and quietly collected my air sickness bag and placed it into my backpack.
It was exhilarating. I started to think about how I could collect more and more of them.
So I have.
I seem to have a few on my shelf at any given time, waiting to send to my sister or take when I visit.
When I traveled for spring break, my departing flight did not have a bag! I was so disappointed.
But my return flight did, and I slipped it into my bag with a smile. I'm not sure my sister actually has a need for dozens of air sickness bags, but at this rate, she's going to have them.
Maybe there's some arts and crafts project she could find to use them . . .
05 April 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Actually, I didn't ask for them. One of the kids was barfing in the back seat and I (luckily) had an empty bag from something that I held behind me while he yorked into it. After I told that lovely story one evening, he started collecting bags for me when he traveled. :-)
I'm sure with three boys I'll use 'em all eventually!!
Oh. And no one has barfed in one yet, but we have had several occasions when they were deployed.
This is gross...
But, have you seen those great dispensers they have at hospitals? You just yank and it's already open and ready. Really helpful.
I want to install some of those in my cars/house.
LL is lucky that she hasn't had to use up her stash...how about they try out a little road trip to NY & see?
Post a Comment