06 July 2011

Poll on Your Right

Because this is somewhat a democracy, there's a poll on your right. Feel free to express your thoughts. I may take them into consideration. It's tough to say.

Also, so this posting isn't just a waste, here's an interesting story for your day. This morning, there were five police cars on my street a few buildings away from me. As I walked past, a big group of police officers were headed into a building. One was just standing out on the street, waiting. I said good morning to him. He smiled and said good morning back to me. I have no idea why they were there, but I was kind of sad that I had to go to work and couldn't remain to see what they came back out with. (People? Drugs? Who knows?)

Never fear, relatives who worry about my safety: these weren't the police officers with the machine guns. I've never seen those ones on my street. Other streets, sure, but not my street... This was a low-level offense, I'm sure; my street is very safe. My street could be a stand in for Sesame Street. We have fewer Muppets, but it's basically the same otherwise.

8 comments:

Bre said...

Um can my vote be, "Sad, because although I know bacon in real life, I don't know if she'd actually invite me to read her blog, plus going private means that bacon won't show up on my google reader"

Unknown said...

I'd be sad because Google Reader wouldn't pick it up.

scottnlena said...

You can only go private if you invite me... you entertain me :)

IzeOfLight said...

I voted "super annoyed" although I don't agree with the "I'll never read again part." Because I haven't figured out how to get private blogs to show up in my reader and I've already forgotten about dozens of my friends' now-private blogs, I know I wouldn't keep up with it like I can (and do!) when it's conveniently in my Google Reader. And that'd make me sad because I love you and I love your blog.

jenn said...

Ditto on the Reader thing, but I'd still be a loyal follower.

Michelle said...

Yeah, well I don't know you in real life (although I'm sure we'd be great friends because I'm friends with Kimberly, and we all know how awesome she is . . .), but I really enjoy reading your blog! I'll admit it, I need the humor in my life. I think private blogs are super annoying and are made for people with hundreds of children running around in the neighborhood, and they make their blogs private so some dude doesn't drive up and know little Jonny's name. Haha! Something like that.

LL said...

I voted for the exclusive club, because none of the options really fit for me. I'm ambivalent, because I don't use Google Reader so it doesn't affect me when blogs go private. But I'm not a casual user, I'm more like a friendly stalker. Anyway, I don't care one way or the other, as long as I get an invite.

Also, if you want to go private but still get on Google Reader and not be forgotten, you keep this bacon blog and then start a new private blog, and when you post on the new one you put a teaser on this one that will show up on readers and let people know that they need to hit the new bacon blog for a BLT (bacon laughing time). :-) I'm not popular or savvy enough to do it myself, but I've heard of people doing that and finding it provides a happy medium. Also, it leaves your blog available for new friends or infrequent visitors to be able to request an invite.

Blah blah blah, I'm done now. What are the kids doing while I write this? Not sure, but they're each wearing a (hopefully clean) pair of underwear as a hat while they plan an elaborate party in their bedroom. Thank goodness - I've had to fish things out of the toilet twice so far this week and wasn't sure I could stand another shenanigan....

somebody's mother said...

Didn't vote- It wouldn't matter to me because I don't use google reader (don't know how and don't feel deprived) and because I know I will get an invite (and when did that verb become a noun anyway?).

But I do know that some of my local cohorts read your blog and might not feel they can ask for an invite.