22 April 2007

Laundry Day

I am single, and I'm not super high maintenance, so I end up only needing to do laundry every two weeks or so. This week, I did laundry on Thursday night. Promptly at lunch on Friday, I spilled on my shirt which was freshly washed. How does this happen? Why do I ALWAYS have a clothing disaster the day after I do laundry? I hardly ever spill things on myself, but I consistently make a mess the very day after I do my laundry.

Inevitably, it happens at work, so I get to spend the rest of the day with food on myself. This is not a fashionable look for the season, I imagine, but it's my look nonetheless.

So now, my poor shirt has to wait for two weeks to be washed. Naturally, I could wash it now, but I would have to run a load of laundry with just one shirt and like, two socks in it. This seems illogical--what a waste of time, energy, and water!

Thus, the shirt sits in the laundry basket. I think there is some sort of conspiracy to drive me nuts with my laundry, largely funded by my take out food products.

It's a hard life, clearly.

No comments: