05 November 2010

You've Got Mail!

As we've discussed in previous postings, I love getting mail. I like email quite a bit, but I especially love regular ol' United State Postal Service delivery.

I open the mailbox each day in eager anticipation of what might be inside. 

Some days, it's empty.

Some days, it's full of bills.

And some days, it's full of actual mail addressed to me sent by people who aren't asking for money!

Lately, it has been full of mystery.

A couple of weeks ago, I got a piece of mail for my father. It was addressed to his name, but to my address. It was an actual, legitimate, valuable piece of mail, addressed to him at my address. I was able to make sense of it due to a mutual relationship with the company, but I still thought it was funny.

Yesterday, I got a piece of mail for one of my brothers, with his first and last name and my address. It was junk mail from a bank, urging him to open an account with their institution.

Today, I got another piece of mail for that same brother, this time with his middle initial in his name as well. It's a letter from an expensive gym in the area welcoming him to the neighborhood and offering him a deal. 

My brother has never lived in New York. He definitely doesn't live in my apartment. It's a big apartment, but I'm pretty sure I would have seen him if he had moved in with me. It's not THAT big. In fact, I don't think that this particular brother even has my address, now that I think about it.

And weirdly, he's getting appropriately high-end junk mail. It's way nicer than the junk mail I got when I first got here.

Apparently, anyone who knows me should now just expect their mail to come to my apartment. 

I'll start a box for each of you.

5 comments:

David said...

I'm guessing that this was not an email for me. If it was and its something like a coupon for something cool you should totally use it.

More Bacon said...

That's the weird part--it's not EMAIL; it's REGULAR mail. I could see getting an email for one of you guys, but why is mail coming to my house addressed for my relatives??

And no, it's not for you.

LL said...

Can't be mine...high-end where I live is Piggly Wiggly. :-)

Cheryl said...

Love hearing about your adventures in NYC and law school. Interesting stories - funny comments - I love reading your blog!!
Glad all is going well and glad you have adjusted and having fun in the "Big Apple".

somebody's mother said...

So if any of my bills come to your mail box, you can just go ahead and pay them for me.

Thanks.